Advertisement

NEW DRIVE TRAIN! Replacing my worn out chain, chainrings, and cassette.

NEW DRIVE TRAIN! Replacing my worn out chain, chainrings, and cassette. I finally got around to replacing the old drive train. Here I step through taking all the old parts off and installing new ones. I also show how a chain 'stretches' and explain what causes it.

Replacing the chain is an important step to keep your drive train running smooth. If you let it go too long you will also wear out more expensive components like the chain rings and cassette. Park Tool has some great guidelines on when to replace a chain here:


Torque specs used:
aluminum chainring bolts = 5 N-m
cassette lockring = 40 N-m

Thanks for Watching!
Enjoy Your Ride!!

chain wear,chain stretch,replace chain,new chain,chainring wear,

Post a Comment

0 Comments