Advertisement

Day 22: God Alone - With, In and Through Mary - 33 Days to Total Consecration

Day 22: God Alone - With, In and Through Mary - 33 Days to Total Consecration Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary
Find each day's teaching at:
ENTERING INTO THE 7 LAST WORDS OF JESUS AND MARY
There is so much to contemplate in considering the words of Jesus and Mary.

May they be a grace to you!

"The last words someone speaks before their death are important. This must be especially true for the Jesus’ last words. The Words of Jesus spoken in agony from the Cross are steeped in meaning and power, and provide us with a means of looking directly into Our Savior’s Heart – into the depth of His love for us. While utilizing the insight gained from the saints and teachers of the Church, this day also seeks to provide an opportunity to reflect on what Jesus is saying to us through these Words. For every Word spoken by Christ is living and effective and has the power to transform us, as it did Mother Teresa, whose life became consumed with seeking to fulfill Jesus' cry "I Thirst!" Pope Benedict. Jesus of Nazareth Crucifixion and Burial of Jesus, Pp 202-

Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do. (Luke 23:34)
Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise. (Luke 23:43)
Woman, behold your son. Son Behold your mother. (John 19:26–27)
My God, My God, have you forsaken me? (Matthew 27:46 & Mark 15:34)
I thirst. (John 19:28)
It is finished. (John 19:29-30)
Father, into your hands I commit my spirit. (Luke 23:46)

1. Mary said to the angel, "How shall this be, since I have no husband?" (Luke 1:34)

2. And Mary said, "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word." And the angel departed from her. (Luke 1:38)

3. In those days Mary arose and went with haste into the hill country, to a city of Judah, and she entered the house of Zechari'ah and greeted Elizabeth. (Luke 1:39) (She most likely said, "Shalom, Elisheva")

4. And Mary said:

"My soul doth magnify the Lord.
And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
Because he hath regarded the humility of his handmaid;
for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me; and holy is his name.
And his mercy is from generation unto generations, to them that fear him.
He hath shewed might in his arm: he hath scattered the proud in the conceit of their heart.
He hath put down the mighty from their seat, and hath exalted the humble.
He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.
He hath received Israel his servant, being mindful of his mercy:
As he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his seed for ever. (Luke 1:46-55)

5. His mother said to him, "Son, why have you treated us so? Behold, your father and I have been looking for you anxiously." (Lk 2:48) 6. When the wine failed, the mother of Jesus said to him, "They have no wine." (John 2:3)

7. His mother said to the servants, "Do whatever he tells you". (John 2:5)

33 Day Consecration to Jesus through Mary,7 last words of Jesus,7 words of Mary,Crucifixion,At the foot of the Cross with Mary and John,Behold your Mother,Behold your son,

Post a Comment

0 Comments