Advertisement

What's Been Going on with My Youtube Channel

What's Been Going on with My Youtube Channel There are a few things I want to add down here because I forgot to mention some stuff and think clarification is necessary.

The reason why I felt the need to back out of the book community wasn't because of any other reason than the fact that I wasn't happy with the videos I was making and didn't like reading anymore. It doesn't feel right to be a book channel and not be passionate anymore. It's not fair for you to watch someone who doesn't want to read anymore. You deserve a booktuber who reads and is eager to discuss books they're reading. Unfortunately I didn't fall under that category anymore. I could go deeper into the politics of the book community that have bothered me, how I don't like that the norm of the community is to hit a certain number of subscribers and then sell out to publishers, or how I don't think it's acceptable that authors/publishers engage with the community, or even the fact that we STILL have discussions about how it's okay to have an opinion.

As for why I’ve been privating and deleting old videos (I've made a lot of them public again). It’s not me trying to hide my opinions or rebrand myself, but mostly because having videos of yourself at age 14-16 is really painful and awkward. Especially when you’re a teen trying to figure yourself out and instead of understanding that, people like to use those videos as “proof “ that I’m fake or not a critical reader. I read a lot of popular books when I was 13-15 and because of that people like to talk trash about me and my opinions and stuff. In the real world no one would hold people to things they said when they were 15, but for some reason the internet likes to do that which sucks a lot. I’ve grown a lot and there are certain opinions that don’t reflect the way I feel anymore and getting comments on those videos disagreeing/agreeing to something I don’t stand by anymore is not fun. I still get rude comments about me being a Cassandra Clare fan despite the fact that I read and fell in love with her work when I was 13 years old and they played a big part in my life. Instead of understanding that people just like to think I’m an idiot. Maybe that’ll explain where I’m coming from.

So here's what to expect on my channel:
-Random funny stuff
-Bad books
-Movie discussions
-vlogs

I don't want to be a booktuber. I won't do exclusive book content anymore. I will still talk about books I'm reading, but the focus will be on me rather than books.
Instead of seeing it as me dropping books, see it more as me picking up other parts of me that you haven't gotten to see because books were the focus. I want people to be subscribed because they like me and what I do. Not because they thought the book was cool. It's like wanting friends that like you for who you are, rather than hanging out with you because you help them with homework or something.

If you're here solely for wrap ups, reading vlogs, hauls, whatever the frick else. Feel free to unsubscribe. I'm sorry that I don't create the stuff you want anymore, but I do want to take the opportunity to recommend some book channels that have similar styles to what I used to do and other people I think are gems in the community.
If you liked my stuff, you'll like them even more:

Jordan Harvey:


Areadersworld:


Francina Simone:


Inquillery:


Pucksandpaperbacks:


PaperbackDreams:


Whittynovels:


Readwithcindy:


XCatherineReads:

Insanereader,insane,reader,review,book,movie,comedy,Caleb Joseph,

Post a Comment

0 Comments