Advertisement

Meaning of TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT - A Really Short English Lesson with Subtitles

Meaning of TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT - A Really Short English Lesson with Subtitles READ ALONG TO PRACTICE YOUR ENGLISH AND TO LEARN THE MEANING OF TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT: So in English when we use the phrase, "too close for comfort", it means that something dangerous happened and it happened a little bit too close for us to feel safe. It happened too close to us for us to feel comfortable. The other day Jen and I were working out in the field behind me and there was a thunderstorm approaching. We could see the dark clouds in the distance. And then we saw lightning strike the ground probably about a kilometre or two away, but still it was a little frightening. It was too close for comfort, so we decided that we should stop working. In the mornings sometimes I walk on the side of the road and about half a year ago I was walking along the side of the road and a car came off the road a little bit while I was walking and it was definitely too close for comfort. I did not feel safe when that happened. I didn't get hit though!

#english #englishvocabulary #englishlesson
---

⌛ Be sure to watch the video TWICE today and ONCE tomorrow to reinforce the English that you have learned!

---

✅ SUBSCRIBE RIGHT HERE:

---

✅ Looking for longer English lessons? My other channel is right here:

yt:cc=on,learn english,english lesson,too close for comfort,meaning of too close for comfort,

Post a Comment

0 Comments